Download Music to Keep!Go to Freegal
Choose from millions of songs available through the Freegal music service and download or stream them to your computer, or to your mobile device equipped with the Freegal app. View top albums, singles, featured artists, and composers right from the Freegal’s home page, and even listen dozens of different playlists. Browse the top downloads from NOPL library members or from users across the country, or search by artist, album or keyword.
- Go to the Freegal music catalog.
- Click “Login” in the upper right corner of the Freegal webpage.
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
- When you put your cursor over a song or album, you will see a “stream now” button come up. If you press the button on an album, the whole album will play in order.
- You can use “Freegal Playlists”. This is a list of pre-selected songs in a genre that you are sure to enjoy.
- To create your own playlist:
- Click on “My Playlists” under “Streaming” on the left side.
- Click on “Create and Store Playlists”.
- At the top center, click on the “+” symbol nest to “Saved Playlists”.
- Name your playlist and describe it.
- In that box, click on “Create New Playlist” and your playlist is ready to add music.
- Click on “Home” and start looking for music to add.
- To add an album, move your cursor over an album cover and a =+ sign will appear. Click on that, and then add to your chose playlist option.
- To add an individual song, click on the image until you see a play arrow and =+ sign. Pressing the =+ will allow you to add the song to your chosen playlist.
- Download the Freegal Music app for your mobile device. We have provided links in the sidebar (right).
- Once the download is complete open the app. You like be taken to a welcome screen that will ask you for your zip code in order to find your local library.
- Select Northern Onondaga Public Library from the drop down menu.
- Once logged in you’re ready to browse and download.
- Once items are downloaded the files will be saved to your device and can be played with your device’s default video or music player.
- Library users have a weekly download limit, of 5 songs per week. You will be able to keep track of your downloads in the upper right corner of the site. Every song has a sample clip you can listen to before you download. You must be logged in to enjoy the sample clips.
- The downloads on this site are all in the MP3 format with no Digital Rights Management (DRM), and videos are in the MP4 format with no DRM. This service will work on almost any computer, player, tablet or smartphone.
- Music videos will cost you 2 of your allotted downloads. If you do not have 2 downloads available you will not be able to download a music video.
- The search engine is both a simple and advanced search, and will return results primarily by the album that the song is from.
If you have questions you are welcome to call any NOPL branch listed below. If you feel you need more assistance or are interested in taking a Freegal class, ask a librarian about scheduling a One-on-One Tech Help session.
Brewerton: (315) 676-7484
Cicero: (315) 699-2032
North Syracuse: (315) 458-6184