The North Syracuse Library received its charter from New York State January 15, 1929. In reality, the library was formed many years before and books were on shelves in a local store. It wasn’t until Anna Marsh Reed sold her home to the library for a mere pittance that the library had a home. In 1976 a new building was constructed thanks to the community, the village of North Syracuse, and financial help from the towns of Clay and Cicero. The building was completely paid for and mortgage free. In 1996 the library became part of the Northern Onondaga Public Library. The public voted to construct a new building which opened in June, 1999.