From 1890 to 1892, Cicero’s first public library was housed in Melville Jackson’s General Store. It was succeeded in 1924 by a library located in the village school. Cicero finally got a building dedicated to library use in 1939 when a facility on Rt. 11 was constructed at a cost of $1,700. In 1978, an endowment by Roy Pickard financed a very welcome addition. The library was then called the Roy Pickard Cicero Free Library until it became a NOPL library in 1996. In July 1999, NOPL at Cicero opened its new building at Cicero Commons in Cicero.