On July 6th at the Ciceo Library, 5 teams of tweens competed in an Iron Chef-style competition, combining various ingredients to create a delicious, original afterschool snack. All of the teams came up with tasty and creative inventions, but the dish that garnered the highest scores from the three judges was “Mickey Ears”, made by Team Bacon! (Jacob Ankeny, Ava Field, and Teryn Field).
Team Bacon! graciously agreed to let us publish the recipe for their winning dish, “Mickey Ears”.
Mickey Ears (serves 1-2)
– Bed of lettuce leaves and chopped celery
– Granny Smith apple, sliced
– 3/4 c. chocolate chips, melted
– 1 banana, sliced
– 3-4 saltine crackers, crushed
– Handful of mini marshmallows
– 2-3 Red Vines, snipped into pieces
Layer the ingredients in the order given. Make sure to get as many different items in one bite as possible.